The Corbett Experience...
India Travel Blog› entry 1 of 2 › view all entries
- Altitude: 385-1100 m above mean sea level
- Annual rainfall: 1400-2800 mm.
- Temperature range: 4°C in winter to 42°C during summer.
280 km, around 7 hrs driving time
Delhi - Moradabad - Kashipur - Ramnagar - Corbett
Ranikhet Express from Delhi to Ramnagar
Departure at 10.40 pm from Old Delhi Railway Station.
Arrival at 5.00 am at Ramnagar Station.
Tips for Travellers
When visiting the wildlife park:
- Follow the rules, for e.
- Wear clothes in shades of brown and green as they are less disturbing to the environment
- Avoid wearing perfumes and do not smoke in restricted areas.
- Animals are extremely weary of the human voice. Don’t make noise, don’t play music and please don’t honk car horn.
- Carry Personal medication and insect repellent
- Carry Binoculars, Cameras, film rolls and Flashlight along with books and other reading material
- Don’t leave behind any litter and plastic bags are big hazards for animals
- Comfortable walking shoes are appropriate than the fashionable ones
- For winter travel heavy woolens are a must especially for open jeep safaris. Cottons are apt for summer months
- Rain Gear is essential for the monsoons and
- Find about the habits of the animal you want to see to avoid disappointment
Having opted for the train from
On arriving at the resort I figured that it’s going to be a very calm and quite trip...it was so quite that I could hear every sweet sound of nature around me. I started by taking a long walk along side the beautiful river near the resort. Later that afternoon I spent sometime playing table tennis, swimming and generally pampering myself in the spa and the bar of the resort. In the evening the resort arranged for some cultural programs which included North Indian folk music and dance. It was great fun, sply dancing with the pro's (I think it was the result of the combination of the spirit of the jungle and all the spirit I had consumed during the course of the evening) ;-)
My 2nd day at Corbett started at 5.30 am. All excited I headed towards the resorts parking lot where the jungle safari guide was waiting for me.
I heard that the best time to visit the Corbett is between the mid of November and April. That’s when u spot more tigers and the main jungle of the park is open for safaris. That’s also the right time to indulge in some river rafting and adventure sports.