Eating with friends

Hong Kong Travel Blog

Kim, me, Ros and Mary.

Our flight arrived into Hong Kong slightly after 6 am and it was about 8 am by the time we go to the Novotel in Wanchai.  Showered and slept till 11 am when I rang Rosalind, a friend from school for our catch-up arrangements.

Rosalind and another school friend, Mary turned up and we walked a few steps down the road to a Sichuan restaurant situated in somebody's home.  Great food ... see separate review but the conversation were interesting ... they are both aircrew or former aircrew and there were lots of stories being exchanged around the table with Kim and myself, eg:

• we hardly ever have to buy soap and shampoo
  • the Japanese hotels have the best shampoo
  • Kiwi aircrew buy their bathroom fittings in Hong Kong while Hong Kong crew buy theirs in Frankfurt!
  • there are stories of crew whose home carpets have been "sponsored" by hotels ... cut from under the bed.  Urban myth maybe.

After lunch, Mary's driver took us to the mall ... a bit of window shopping for us but for the girls it was the usual handbags and shoes.

Kim and I then patronised the massage-reflexology centre near the hotel.  It was about EUR7 per 45 minute session .... ilhamdulillah (Praise God) for mainland Chinese workers.  My neck and back was so stiff the little Sichuanese lady resorted to walking on it and digging her heels into my sore muscles ... even with her hands and fingers it was sore.  I had to grab the massage table and clench my teeth a few times and I have a very high threshold to pain when it comes to massages.

Hong Kong Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Excellent food ... we tried a number of different dishes: - cucumber in garlic sauce - eggplant in hot sauce - noodles in hot sauce - fish in ch… read entire review