Arrive home & Saved by the Blizzard

Auckland Travel Blog

Alhamdulilllah.  I made it home.  I arrived in Hong Kong last night and waited forever for my bag.  A bit of a worry as I thought it might have gone astray.  Lodging a baggage irregularity report within my intended 2 hour flight connection time is an impossibility.

Fortunately my bag did turn up last.  I swiftly went up to the departures level to check-in for my flight to Auckland ... I was told to wait for about 20 minutes (which is very good ... I'm very used to running to the plane about 40 minutes prior to departure with our standby tickets).

Then came the good news ... due to the severe blizzards in China, connecting passengers from there didn't make it to Hong Kong.  Now I am well and truly homeward bound  :-)

Unfortunately, as seen on the news ... thousands of migrant workers are trying to make it home from cities to the villages for Chinese New Year.  They will not share my joy as their loss is my gain.  I wish them good luck and good weather in the lead up to Chinese New Year ... and Kiong Hi Huat Chai / Kong Hee Fatt Choy / Gong Xi Fa Cai.

mbbloom says:
now you're home
i would like to talk to you
you're amazingly smoothing travel companion
i feel lucky to meet you in sana'a
sana'a the city of all our dreams
shush sush take care Habibi