Transfer in Düsseldorf

Dusseldorf Travel Blog

After I arrived in Düsseldorf I was looking forward for a quite comfy flight in one of these Lufthansa All Business Jets. I checked in, got a seat at the window. Again, everything seemed to be fine until I bumped into that French purser!!! Not taller than 1,50m, but important like a 2m giant.

He took a deep breath, looked up to me and told me that my shoes are inappropriate for an All Business Flight. No no, don't you think I wore sneakers, flip flops or something else.I was wearing nice and elegant summer shoes but you could see my toes! So he wanted me to change my shoes and gave an order to unload my luggage. Ummm what to do? Well, this time I took a deep breath and I gave him one of these typical women smile, desperately trying to distract him from my shoes, trying to persuade him that it might be worth it having me on board, even if you can see my toes. What else to say? It worked! And now I am sitting on the plain, on my way to Chicago. I had already a nice conversation with that purser guy and it seems he doesn't care anymore, I guess he wouldn't even if I would be sitting here completely naked ;-)

So, 8 ½ hours flight are in front of me and I am just waiting for my first glass of wine. Afterwards I will have a nice sleep. You remember? Didn't sleep much last night :)

Will see what happens next after I arrive in Windy City...

photo by: Chokk