Chicago River Architecture Tour

Chicago Travel Blog

Architectual boat tour on Chicago river
On Tuesday I decided to take part on a boat tour on the Chicago River. Before I went to Chicago I read a book called "The Devil in The Windy City" by Erik Larsson. Subtitel "Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that changed America". Besides the story of a murderer you can find lots of interesting information about all the buildings in Chicago. It's absolutely worth reading it. Anyways, after reading that book I was keen on exploring the town from a boat, to see all those buildings I read about.

I was told Wendella's is the best company for getting a good tour. Their tours start right at the foot of the Wrigleys Building and I can tell you, it is worth it paying 22$! We were cruising along the river for about two hours and the tour guide told us everything about buildings, bridges, Chicago River, Lake Michigan, and the people who live here. We even made a detour to Lake Michigan to wach the firework. It was just stunning!

After the tour I got a little bonus as the tour guide took me out for a drink into a cool pub near the river. Having a "Fat Tire" (see photo) made my day almost perfect :D

PS. Sorry for not taking many photos on the tour, I was just soaking it in and couldn't be bothered taking out my cam.

Architectual boat tour on Chicago …
Architectual boat tour on Chicago…
Cold beer...yeah!