Waddesdon Manor

Waddesdon Travel Blog

Approaching Waddesdon Manor
The Rothchilds donated one of their mansions to the British National Trust and its now open for tours, complete with all of the furnishings.  A guard mentioned that they had recently had a burglary, so they were extra cautious.  No photograhps inside and I had to check my backpack.

The rooms were all quite dark as they were trying not to fade anything, but they were chock full of French furniture and decorations.  It seemed a lot more like a home than Blenheim, but it also was built 150 years later.

Nicole Kidman did a photo shoot there for some magazine last year and they had her photos in some of the rooms where they staged the shots.  The best rooms were on a special section of the tour called the Bachelor's Wing.  They had an awesome billiards room and a party room that looked like it held some swinging parties.

We finished up around 4pm and made our way back to the car.  Linda's driving skills improve daily, and we are making fewer wrong turns on the roundabouts.

The power outlets in the car have all failed, I think I blew the fuses on them.  There were two in the console and one was in the back near the hatch.  Wish I knew how to replace them so we could power the computer all the time.   As it is I have to conserve battery power like a German U-boat commander.  More on this later.
Approaching Waddesdon Hall