AfricaEgyptCairo

Caïro

Cairo Travel Blog

Caïro, Egypt
After Luxor it was time to travel back to Caïro. First we went from Luxor to Hurghada. I really needed a day resting in a Hurghada resort for one day. I slept almost all the time on the beach. The next day the bus took us back to Caïro. Before going to our hotel it was time to see the centre of Caïro. After a hectical time in trafic we reached the heart of Caïro. In the bazaars (little shops) I bought sculptures of Egyptian gods and pharao's. To be honest, they are not made of real bazalt. These you can find in shops near Luxor were they make them. Also in the small bazaar streets it is hectical. Off course the traders see us as "walking wallets" (and they are not entirely wrong) and try to sell you everything. If you see something interesting, allways negotiate for a good price because at first they ask way to much. But I must say, I bought 3 great sculptures from in a nice bazaar for a very fair price! After that, it was time to go to our hotel in Gizeh. And it was a renewed pleasure to see these great piramides of Gizeh again from our hotel.
Cairo