Back to San Jose

San Jose Travel Blog

Crocodile

We had our last morning back at the Barcelo San Jose Placido.  Caravan was offering transfers back to the airport all day, but I booked our airfare wrong.  We started on June 16, so 10 days would be June 26th ... right?   Wrong - day 1 was really the arrival day, not the next day - foolish traveler!  <;-)

So, we have one extra night in San Jose, and I ended up getting an employee rate at the InterContinental Hotel in San Jose, but we can't check in until 2pm, so we're going to hang out at the pool at the Barcelo all day with a group from Miami - they have a 4pm flight, so they're here all day too.  The hotel was still offering us free drinks all day - but it was weird drinking at 9am.

LOL

We had lunch at the pool and then headed over to the InterCon.  It was on the opposite side of town, so we wandered around in the local area, found a mall, picked up a couple of last minute things, had dinner in a little local restaurant, got online at the business center (for MUCH more than the $2/hour like in La Fortuna!!   It was more like $2/minute!!)  I had gotten an email from Small Dog Rescue saying that Magdalena was ready to go home with me and I needed to call them as soon as I got home so she can go to her forever home.  I was so excited to see that email from Katya!!!!

We unpacked everything, repacked everything and went to bed early - since we were going to try to get on the 7am flight back into Atlanta instead of the 1pm flight (thinking we were on the last day of our trip .

Canals in Tortuguero
.. and not the day AFTER our trip, I didn't book the really early flight).  Bev was also on an early flight back to Denver - so we went to the airport at 4am, paid our exit taxes, and jumped on the earlier flight.

We still had about 2 hours before our flight after we got through security.  We got into Atlanta, since we were early, we sat in the Crown Room for a while so she didn't have to sit by herself in the uncomfortable airport chairs alone.  We got her off on her connection to Minneapolis and I went home to get my house ready for a new pup!

Costa Rica was fabulous - I would DEFINITELY RECOMMEND it with TWO THUMBS UP!  I liked the structured tour, but I'm a bit more adventurous and would probably do something on my own next time instead - but I don't think we would have gotten such great naturalist tours in Tortuguero or Cano Negro if we would have planned it on our own.

Flowers

So, if you're planning on Costa Rica - definitely do a Canopy Tour (there are many to choose from), Torturguro is a Must Do, El Rio Frio tour was awesome too, Baldi Hot Springs and Arenal Volcano need to hit the two of those too!!  Jaco is very cool and Manuel Antiono Park was beautiful.  One family from our group was staying an extra week and going up to Tamerando on the Northwest shore - apparently that is where the luxury resorts and spas are located.

Happy Travels all!