Day -9 - Memphis

Memphis Travel Blog

Road trip! Today we drove 630 miles from Charlotte to Memphis, TN. Our final destination is San Fran to get stuff set up for the cyclists' orientation. So let me clarify this for you: we're driving from Charlotte to the other side of the country in 6 days so that we can drive BACK to D.C. in 63 days THEN back to Charlotte? Awesome! We're driving to San Fran because we're taking the vans and all of the equipment we will need for the whole summer. I rode over with Dan from north team and Ruben from South. We had a great time listening to random music on my iPod and just getting to know each other. While I was driving, we hit a lot of traffic, so I taught Dan the Birdie Maneuver to make things a little more interesting and to lighten it up a bit (see pictures). Doing the "birdie" is the driver and passenger sticking their arm out of their respective windows and flap like you're a bird! The guys in the other vans enjoyed it as well as other people on the road. We even had a van that did the birdie in homage to our amazing birdy-age.

When we got to Memphis, we had some really great BBQ at a Pi Alpha's parent’s house. We then went back to his place and explored Memphis and just got to know each other better.

photo by: vulindlela