Day 41 - Shreveport

Shreveport Travel Blog

I got lucky today and had Lilttle Pat and jeremiah in my van to keep me company! We had a good ole time on the road listening to Weezer and other great bands. Jeremiah and I did 1000 crunches! Not too shabby for a guy not even riding! The only problem today was that I lost my walkie talkie L I put it on the ground when I was doing crunches so I could hear what’s going on. The only problem was that I forgot to pick it up. I drove off and realized that I had left it. By the time I made it back, it was already gone. Good thing we have an extra one for our team. We had a lunch/arrival/friendship visit at the place that we are staying tonight. In ’03 it was a high gym that one of our teammates got locked out of. He came back well before curfew, but the doors were already locked! So he had to sleep outside on the benches. This year, however, we are staying at Holy Angels campus a Catholic Church campus that serves people with disabilities. “Get thee to a nunnery” as Hamlet would have said it. Steve Austin, a crew member from ‘03, was there with other guys from his alma mater to say hi and cheer on the guys. It was great seeing up and catching up. For the friendship visit, we had a fun dance with everyone. Billy and I made up some sweet moves; you would have been mesmerized. After all of that, we headed to Ernest Johnson’s lake house for some R&R. EJ is the president of Pi Kappa Phi. He graduated from Auburn so we a nice little chat about the GT Auburn games from back in the day. Instead of heading out to the lake, I did some blog updating, tv watching, and napping. It was very nice to not have so much to do all of the time. He also provided a really nice steak dinner for us which definitely hit the spot. That night, Jeremiah and I went and scouted the route. It was a fun little adventure into downtown Shreveport.

photo by: williamsworld