Day 31 - Muleshoe

Muleshoe Travel Blog

The ride into Muleshoe was fairly easy, but we had to really book it towards the end. The reason why we got a little behind was because we stopped to get Cowboy Hats. This is a long-run South team tradition. We always stop on the way to Muleshoe at Joe’s Boot Shop for hats. On the way there, I had reroute our course on the fly because the road we were on dead ended due to construction. Of course the construction was a mile outside of the 15 miles I scouted the night before! I figured out a new way to get everyone back on track and we made it to the hat shop ahead of schedule. Lodging, lunch, dinner, and breakfast the next morning was all arranged by the Jenny Slippers. They are a group of ladies who are apart of the Muleshoe Chamber of Commerce. Their name is derived from: Jenny (female mule) Slipper (it’s like a shoe, but more ladylike). Anyway, they treated us very well! We had a great lunch with more than we could ever eat. For dinner, they made us TONS of stakes! It was such a wonderful meal. We also had a good music session right after dinner. They sang for us, we sang for them (Ken, Byron, Billy, and I had to figure out stuff to sing on the fly), and played piano/guitar for each other. It was such a fun night.

photo by: dravendc