Day 3 - Jackson

Jackson Travel Blog

Wake up today was 30 minutes earlier than scheduled. This is because the team was late getting out of lodging yesterday. The rule is that you have 30 minutes from wake up to pack the vans, brush, and do whatever you need to in the morning. If you're not done, the whole team has to wake up 30 minutes earlier the next day as a punishment. The reason for this is because if we get a late start, our whole day will be off and we could miss arrivals, events with the media, or other programming. It was a fairly good ride today and we had another fun arrival. A few of the clients recognized me, so I caught up with them. There was even a person wearing a shirt from '03! I was finally able to take a 30 minute nap before my meetings! One of those meetings was my first Safety Committee Meeting. SCM is run by the Crew Chief (me) and is used as a forum that the cyclists can voice any safety issues, crew issues, etc... For dinner, the Jackson Lion's Club sponsored a giant buffet of spaghetti, bread, salad, and cookies! It was so good and so much to eat! This is such a great meal that loads the cyclists up on carbs for the hard day tomorrow. We had our first Walmart run where I bought snacks for the guys. Walmart is always such a great escape from the day-to-day cycling/tasks.

photo by: dravendc