Day -15 - Charlotte

Charlotte Travel Blog

As you can tell, my day count started with Day negative 16 (-16). The reason for this is because the "Official" Day 1 is on June 11th when we cross the Golden Gate Bridge. So for my blogging purposes, it will go from -16 to 63+ (the day we make it to DC). Also as an FYI, I may refer to myself as a Pi Alpha; PA means that I have done a Push America summer event.

Well, I finally made it up to Charlotte! Cindy and Nini were kind enough to drop me off on their to Charleston (only a 3 hour or so detour :p • thanks guys!). Crew members (the guys who lead the cyclists across the US) start in Charlotte 14 days before the first mile to go through an extensive training program. Today, we did introductory stuff with the fellow crew members and JOH staff. In case you don't follow NASCAR, there is a big race this weekend close to Charlotte, so there were lots of intriguing people running around. It was... interesting to say the least. We went out to a place called Stool Pigeons, brick & barrel, and some other random places. We used it as a good opportunity to get to know each other. We all ended up having great time hanging out with each other.

Charlotte