Day 12 & 13 - Las Vegas

Las Vegas Travel Blog

Vegas, baby! We had a fun arrival at a middle school that was holding a summer camp. We had a KOB there and then played some wheelchair basketball. It was as fun as always. After the middle school, I took John to the bike shop to get some repairs. We got to the bike shop in decent time, but on the way back... we definitely got lost. I'm just going to say that it is IMPOSSIBLE to find your way around Vegas! I didn't have directions to lodging because John was there earlier. We'd go down a road that's supposed to take us there, but it'd just dead end and continue again somewhere down yonder. It was sooo confusing!! We were lost for around 2 and a half hours and didn't have time to go to lodging for a shower because we had a dinner schedule at ESPN Zone. We just gave up on finding lodging and just headed straight to New York, New York and had dinner @ ESPN Zone. They treated us really well and had a huge menu for us and even gave us some game cards! I whooped up on some Deer Hunter, getting the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 8th, and 9th highest scores. We also played a bunch of games as a team and had lots of fun. That night, we were planning on going to the strip for some fun, but our taxi cab took almost 2 hours to get to us!! By the time we would get down there, we would have only had an hour max to get back by curfew. It was terrible, so most of us just hung out at the house and had some bonding time.

Our day off was filled with a day of Friendship Visits. We first headed to the park and had a visit at the Las Vegas facility for a little while and then took the clients to Circus Circus for the amusement park. It was a LOT of running around with the guys! I was paired up with Thomas and had a lot of fun with him walking around, riding coasters, and playing laser tag. He definitely liked to open up the Emergency Exits, so he kept me on my toes! John was paired up with a guy named Eddie. All Eddie wanted to do was ride the same coaster over and over and over. John was just really tired of that coaster, so I took over for him for a while. I think I rode it around 13 times or so. It was a lot of fun. I even took out my camera and took videos of it! It was so much fun! For dinner, we had a big dinner with a bunch of clients. We had a lot of fun eating, dancing, and just trying to stay cool (it was around 115). We were given really cool bracelets that say “INCLUSION- Damn it, it’s the right thing to do” that also glow in the dark! While we were cleaning everything up, I recognized a room we were storing the tables. I asked our sponsor about it and we realized that my team slept in that room because our lodging fell through in '03! I remember a LOT more things than I thought that I ever would! It’s been a great 2 weeks!
Las Vegas