Day 1 - Napa

Napa Travel Blog

Day 1!!

This is it!! My boys finally crossed the Golden Gate Bridge and have made progress towards DC! It was a pretty tough ride, but they all made it there in good shape. When I was making my way up to the front, I saw a bunch of guys on the side of the road with bikes scattered everywhere. My heart definitely skipped a beat when I approached... luckily they were only changing a flat! After we arrived to our hotel (Best Western gave us free rooms!), we headed to the friendship visit. It was soo much fun! A lot of parents and clients remembered me from 3 years ago, so it was really good to catch up. The event was an award party for a softball league for people with disabilities. Everyone was just so nice and friendly. I had a really great time hanging out with everyone & talking to the sponsors. Judy, the person hosting the party, adopted something like 30 kids with disabilities and helped all of them lead fulfilling lives. We had a team meeting about our first visit in San Fran and this visit after we got back. It seems like the guys are really enjoying their experiences and are really getting a lot out of the visits. We finished at a decent time, so I actually got 5 hours of sleep!

Napa