Day -16

Atlanta Travel Blog

It's T-minus 1 day till I leave for Charlotte. I'm creating this travel blog so that you can read about my adventures this summer. I'll be lucky if I get internet service once a week, so there will be big updates when they come. This blog will just be an account of my day with random thoughts, notes, and remakrs of things that happen my last JOH- so don't expect anything spectatcular. I do hope that you enjoy your reading :)

Since you now know WHY I'm creating this travel blog, I'll telling you WHAT I'm doing so that you're not so clueless:

The Journey of Hope (JOH) has been one of my greatest accomplishments to date. In the summer of 2003, I biked 4,000 miles from San Francisco to Washington D.C. to raise money and awareness for people with disabilities. I rode the with the South Team and had an amazing experience.

Three weeks ago, the Director of Team Services of Push America called me to ask if I could help out and be the JOH South Team's Crew Chief (CC) . I never really thought about being a crew member for JOH before, but the call really sparked my interest. After overcoming the logtisitical things that were holding me back (moving out a month early, making arrangements to fly back during JOH for a wedding, put off my job search, etc..) I immediately made the call and agreed to join the team. The Crew Members are essentially "Wizzards behind the curtain". We are the reason that the trip is a success. We do all of the behind the scenes work while cyclists get the glory. The crew members are there to serve; they serve people with disabilities, they serve the cyclists, and they serve other crew members to ensure that JOH is a success for everyone. I don't know very much about the CC position as of yet, but I'll fill you in once I find out. It is a such a great opportunity and I am so excited.

photo by: vulindlela