Missing the sunshine...

Merida Travel Blog

Now being back in Germany I already miss Mexico. I had such a great time. The place is great and so are the people. Of course I miss the hot weather because it in Germany it is already fall. I am cold the whole time.
My favourite place I visited is Chichen Itza. It was an amazing experience because I have never seen something like it before. Next time I visit Mexico I want to go to Uxmal.
On my way back to Merida I stopped in Izamal, the Yellow Town. I also liked it very much because the all houses in the downtown are painted in a bright yellow which makes the place a very happy one. If you are there you shouldn't miss going inside the monastry which is in the very centre behind a little park. I leart that it is a common thing in Mexico: Where a park is there is also a church; or the other way around. Apparently, the monastry in Izamal has the biggest yard in North America and a few years agao Pope Jean Paul II. held a mess in the monastry's courtyard. To remember this event a monument of him was placed in the yard.
I also went to the Golf coast. I had a very different experience because one day it was raining dogs and cats and it had nothing of what one expects from going to the beach. But the next time my expectations were met because it was a very sunny day. The sea had a greenish color that day and I spent the whole day in Progreso at the beach. DIdn't want to leave because it was beautiful day.
I know that I could have visited many more places but I was able to take it easy because I know I am going back there soon. That is one thing which I liked about this trip that I was really able to enjoy myself and relax like you are supposed to do on vacations...