Malawi Travel Blog

Malawi was awesome.  We stayed 2 nights at Chitumba and then three nights at Kande beach both on lake malawi.

It is a fresh water lake and absoutely huge with a sandy beach, it is hard to believe it isn't the ocean!

So that was pretty much 5 days of doing not much apart from lying in a hammock during the day, in between swims, reading, and staying out of the sun because it was too hot!

I did a walk around the village at Kande and we went to loads or samll houses and saw cassava drying and being prepared to me eaten.  This is the staple diet in this area and after it is prepared it is similar to mash potato and looks a bit like a pale sweet pototo when it is growing.  It smells like cheese thought when it is drying, kinda gross.  We also went to the hospital, the school and to the local market.  They also fish in Lake Malawi so there was a lot of fish drying at peoples houses and being sold at the markets.

I didn't really do much else in Malawi but after being on the road for 5 weeks it was nice to chill out and relax and not have to drive anywhere or do anything for 5 days.