Livingstone (Zambia) and Victoria Falls

Victoria Falls Travel Blog

Ok this will have to be quick cos I am running out of internet time.

I had a great time at Livinstone which is on the Zambia side of Victoria Falls.  I went up in a helicopter over the falls which was amazing....we also went into the gorge and right down to almost the water level and got to see so much.  Later that afternoon I went to Livinstone Island which is on the middle of the falls and you can only go there when the water is low like this time of the year.  Anyway you swim out to a pool called the devils pool and swim right there in the middle of the falls and can look out over the edge...v scary but great fun!

Then our whole your group did a dress up night for a sunset cruise on the zambezi.  We had to buy costumes for someone else and I was bought a really gross 80s cream blouse and light blue mc hammer trousers....totally gross but I managed to make myslef look like genie and looked ok in the end.  The Internet is still crap so I won't get any pics up anytime soon :-( sorry!

After the cruise though I got really sick :-(  all achey and tummy sick, yuk.  So I slept for the best part of 36 hours and although my stomach is still dodgy am feeling much better.  Got some antibiotics fromthe pharmacy today to sort me out.

Only other thing to report is that I went rafting yesterday.  It was AMAZING!  I loved it.  I know I said I would never go but I changed my mind, lol.  I have it all on video which looks way more scary that actually doing it.  But we had a really good crew, good co-ordination so we didn't flip all day, 21 rapids!

So all is good, and hopefully some good i internet soon so I can upload photos.

Love Fiona xx