Kili - attempt aborted

Kilimanjaro Travel Blog

I am embarrassed to say that didn't make the top of Kili.  I had a cold when I started and you aren't meant to climb with a cold.  But at 4750m I got AMS - bad headache, felt like a zombie and just when i thought I was ok...I threw up.  I would have been carried down the mountain but there were two disabled people sicker than me so I had to walk in the dark to the nearest camp which was about 11km away and at 3700m.
I walked the rest of the way down the mountain yesterday and now I am fine :-)  nothing that a bit of time relaxing by the pool won't fix :-)
So far (despite still having a cold) I am loving africa.  I am going to spend the whole day sitting by the pool today, reading and relaxing.  Oh and to everyone who is in London...the sun is shining and it is lovely and warm.
I hope everyone is well, I would love to hear from you...sorry I can't write very much as the internet is really slow and v expensive.
Love Fi x
sylviandavid says:
What a nice blog... I like your upbeat perspective!
Posted on: Dec 16, 2007
evagoras says:
It's a good thing you went back. This sounds like altitude sickness to me. In fact, it can kill you!

Good luck for next time - remember to train well on high altitudes before you try ;)
Posted on: Nov 08, 2007