Sydney, episode 4

Sydney Travel Blog

A bathing Ape, ha!

Back once again! This is my fourth visit to Sydney on my trip, but it just keeps getting better and better. What a city; the weather, the harbour, the coast, I'm constantly falling in love here. While I'm getting extremely pumped for Asia, at the same time I can't get enough of Syddy. This time I'm here to gear up for Asia and to meet up with friends and buddies.

On my second visit to Syddy this trip, I met up with TravBuddy Allan (Codebeck). We met up, drank a couple of beers and watched a movie and had a nice afternoon. This time we decided to team up, do the beers, the movie and the nice afternoon, again. No points for originality, but we did have a really good day. It was good to see Allan again, and as we both had been travelling in between our meets, we had lots of stories to tell.

I am urban
 As the weather was perfect as ever in Sydney, I decided to do the coastal walk from Bondi to Coogee the next day. I missed that the last time, so I packed my swimmers, towel and Ape and headed to the coast. The walk was lovely, stopping three times for a swim along the way. Lounging in the water, drying in the sun, some tunes and something to read in between, does life get any better than that? Beers, babes, mates on your side..? Alright, alright, stop ruining my moment! I was just giving you an impression aye! Thing is, it was close to perfect. I even had my own natural shaped bath. Sweet times.

Back at my hostel I teamed up with Canadian John (one of the three Johns on the six dorm!) and English Matt to play some poker and to have a couple of beers.

Together with them and the night after with some other 'packers, we hit up the best of Sydney's (backpackers) nightlife: Scubar, Sidebar, the World bar (must say I like the one in Queenstown better), Scruffy's, Three Wise Monkey's, every single one of them.

On thursday I met up once again with Chloe, who now studies in Sydney. She lives on campus in Manly, with a view to die for. Just a couple of minutes away from some of the sweetest beaches of Australia and the happy atmosphere of Manly, it's almost too good to be true. They'll make you pay, but you do get a class location in return. We had a nice couple of hours at the beach and the boulevard before I hopped on the ferry back to the Quay. I went for stroll at the Rocks, sat down in the afternoon sun, at the waterfront and treated myself to a beer.

What a city. What a life.

ocwarren says:
wow! love your adventures!
Posted on: Apr 09, 2008
Ape says:
We're both in love! :)
Posted on: Apr 06, 2008
Sunflower300 says:
Ahh, my home, you describe it so well, I felt as if I were back there. It really is the best city. :)
Posted on: Apr 06, 2008
The Bondi to Coogee walk
The Bondi to Coogee walk
Bondi to Coogee
Bondi to Coogee
East Sydney, what a city!
East Sydney, what a city!
My natural bath