Ready, set, go!

Amsterdam Travel Blog

So here I am, 16 months after my last visit to Australia, ready to go back and enjoy life. I've worked hard for this trip, but I'm sure it was worth it. I've worked at the Comedy Cafe in Amsterdam fulltime for the last five months, met great people and generally had a good time. I made some good friends over there, and saying goodbye proved to be harder than I first thought it would be, especially to the people I went out with a couple of times in the last week. Love you! Other than that, saying goodbye to my (longtime) friends and family hasn't been too bad. The emotions will probably arrive later, but for now everything's fine.

The last week had a dozen or so goodbye parties, dinners, boozing and also the last pokernight for some time. Unlike my parents think, I have been doing other, more productive things than partying the last weeks. I bought some new gear (hiking boots, an 80G iPod and a beautiful watch) and got everything packed. I had spare glasses made, stocked up on lenses and sold stuff. I think I'm all set! As for the money thing, while I've been able to save a heap of money, one never has enough. We'll see how far we'll get, no point in worrying about it now. Fingers crossed though!

I'm leaving for the airport in a couple of hours, hope to catch some sleep now. I'll be updating this blog later to include some pics of me and my backpack, geared up and ready :) Wish me luck.

JeAr says:
oh, and lemme guess, u're one of those stand-up comedians! i knew it! hahaha! :D
Posted on: Apr 07, 2008
Ape says:
Sorta.. During the day it's a normal bar/restaurant, then at night there are stand up comedians in one of the bigger rooms, which also functions as a bar.
Posted on: Apr 07, 2008
JeAr says:
hi Nic! just curious, is the Comedy Cafe what i think it is, a cafe/bar where there's a stand-up comedian?

cheers! :)