Hit the road, Nic, and make sure you come back some time, some time, some time..

Cootamundra Travel Blog

XPT to Melbourne Southern Cross

Back on the road again. Or traintracks, whichever one you prefer. Last wednesday morning I left Canberra for Melbourne, first by coach and later by train.

Dum dum. Countrylink wishes to advice passengers at Cootamundra Station that the XPT service to Melbourne is currently one hour behind on schedule. Countrylink apologizes for the inconvience.
Shit happens, I guess.

Leaving Canberra means not only leaving heaps of cool people behind, but also the part of Australia I've traveled before. After saying goodbye to Jared and his family, I was pretty sad when I stepped on the coach to Cootamundra station.

Touchdown in Melbourne
Not only over leaving Canberra, but also over something that I did, and shouldn't have. You can put the blame on me bro. My time in Canberra was the best so far, and I met with so many cool people who made me feel really welcome, and of whom I'm positive I can call friends now. Time to say goodbye, yes, but with a heavy heart. I'll defenitely find my way back to them and Canberra though, hopefully as soon as the within the next couple of weeks.

Dum dum. Countrylink wishes to advice passengers at Cootamundra Station that the XPT service to Melbourne is currently one hour and twenty minutes behind on schedule. Countrylink apologizes for the inconvience.
Yup, we're in for a long day.

With leaving the ACT behind I'm travelling into unknown regions, full of cannibals, deadly creatures, terrorist training camps and untreatable diseases. Oh, that wasn't the Lonely Planet I was reading? I might have confused my Lonely Planet for the thriller I bought the other day. We'll see how Victoria treats me. For know, it's Melbourne on the program. I have no idea what to expect from it though. Lots of people tell me it's the most European city in Australia and that I'll like it, but what does 'European city' mean? Search me.

Dum dum. Countrylink wishes to advice passengers at Cootamundra Station that XPT service to Melbourne is expected to arrive in approximately 15 minutes.

cax says:
hehehehehehe.....it's easy to relate to a train getting delayed with the australian distances - but in scandinavia delayed trains 10 - 60 min. or up is rather everyday stuff....that's btw one of the reasons I love to fly :) - but ofcourse Australia should not be experienced from a 747 *grin*
Posted on: Apr 09, 2008
Ape says:
Hah, true words! But that's life and life is about how you treat the shit that's happening to you ;) With the right attitude there's no shit :)
Posted on: Jan 30, 2008
Sunflower300 says:
There seems to be a lot of shit happening on your trip. Shit happens, I guess. :)
Posted on: Jan 30, 2008