Finally started!

Sydney Travel Blog

at Bondi

After spending my first couple of days in Australia knock out in my bed and in the bathroom, I'm back on my feet again, alive and kicking! My sickness is completely gone and so is Sydneys bad weather. The sun is shining fiercly, just how she's (is the sun a she really?) supposed to do in Australia.

Last few days I've been exploring the city, checking out the sights and chilling in the parks and on the beaches. Sydney really has the most amazing green spaces, my favorite being the Royal Botanical Gardens, next door to Circular Quay. I could spent weeks there.. Sydneysiders must be the happiest persons in the world! I could definitely see myself living here one day. I spent a full day on Bondi Beach and a day in Manly, and got around most of the 'biggies': the Opera House, Harbour Bridge, Darling Harbour, Manly, Bondi, Pitt Street and the QVB malls.

Royal Botanic Gardens
Other than lying in the sun on beaches all day, I went to the annual backpackers expo. Hundreds of stands with all the information in the world on backpacking, hostels, countries, continents and travelling in general. Pretty informative and good fun.

As I had some left over Magiccards I needed to sell, I searched out some shops who might be intrested in buying them from me. One shop in Burwood looked promising to me, so I set out with good hopes of selling my cards there. An hour and a half later, I arrived at the shop only to have the shopkeeper advise me to go to a shop opposite Central Station.. a mere stonethrow away from my hostel. The trip had been nice, so no worries there. The shop at Central was intrested in buying my cards, and we agreed on a fair price. Glad that's out the way :)

Ape says:
:D That makes me happy!
Posted on: Jan 30, 2008
Sunflower300 says:
You write a great blog. I'm loving it.
Posted on: Jan 30, 2008
Sydney Central Station
Sydney Central Station
K-Zone gone global now, have we?
K-Zone gone global now, have we?
Sydney