Another lazy day.

Dharamshala Travel Blog

This day I had planned to do nothing at all. I woke up around 10:30, and had planned to clean up again, but there was no water at that time. Damn. Anyway, I had planned to check into a different place down the road. I gathered my stuff, settled the rent and checked into a dorm. Had the dorm room all to myself - benefits of off season! And it was damn cheap too.

Decided to go looking for the tibetan library that was supposed to be good, but only after lunch. So I had a big heavy meal of chicken tikka masala at the Taste of India or some such restaurant. Went looking through the town again, and what I assumed was the direction of the library. But not finding it in some 20 minutes I gave up and returned to the hotel. Cleaned up, read my Asimov book for some more time and had another nap.

In the evening, the hunt was on for some spicy or interesting local snacks. I found a decent small shop to have samosas, and tried the steamed veggie momos that these local ladies sell every day on the roadside. After killing some more time surfing on the internet, it was time to go to Carpe Diem again. That night was going to be the music jam session - live performance of sorts. I went in and sat down with some of the folks I'd met from the previous night. The music had already started, few of the local guys and some of the tourists were coming up to sing and play, mostly popular older music.

There were several faces I'd seen before, but some were very unexpected. I briefly saw this guy, and noticed that he looked familiar. I thought he was obviously some tourist I'd seen walking around in Dharamsala, but took my brain a few seconds to realize that wasn't the case. I was so surprised that it was Luiz, one of the guys I was touring with in Agra!! Veronice was obviously with him. I hadn't expected to see them in my life like ever again! Truly amazing. I spent the rest of the evening at their table, chatting, drinking and discussing their experiences in India till then, mostly answering their curious questions about the curious ways Indians, our customs and our societies work. The music wasn't bad either, mostly. The jam lasted till past 11, after which everyone was almost instantly ready to leave. Bid adieu to everyone I sort of knew, wasted half the rest of the night listening to music in bed before falling asleep. A hectic day was coming up next. I had wanted to party till like 4 am, but that wasn't gonna happen at this place, NO. Nor at any of the places I was going to visit next I was sure.
ashishrb says:
it was pretty cheap.. i think Rs. 20/hr and not too fast.. like 60 kbps i think, ok to surf a bit and check email.
Posted on: Feb 08, 2008
redzzed says:
How fast and how much was the Internet access ??
Posted on: Feb 08, 2008