Café Flore

Beverly Hills Travel Blog

Happy Birthday to ME!

Last week, when I was not doing much work at work, I spent a few hours surfing the web for restaurants to have my birthday dinner.  I used Citysearch Los Angeles to help me find an affordable French restaurant.  Citysearch Los Angeles featured Café Flore through a web video.  The place looked charming, as a bistro should.  Furthermore it was named on Citysearch’s Best Lunch, Salad, Sandwich, Brunch, and French Food lists.

So I checked Café Flore’s website for their menu.  From the hors d’oeuvres to the house specialties, it all seemed great.  SCORE!  On their website was an on-line coupon for 20% off of dinner.  But there were several caveats.  The discount was only available if you make a reservation one day in advance, was only offered to dinner service after 6 pm, and was only available for use from Wednesday to Saturday.

My dinner plans meet all those criteria so I made a reservation.  The next morning Philippe Drey and Fabien Guoy, owners of Café Flore, email me to inform me that they cannot seat my party until 7:30 pm due to a private party.  Fine by me…I’m flexible…7:30 it is!

sylviandavid says:
Happy Birthday to you..... and have a snail for me! (we love them....) Sylvia
Posted on: Oct 24, 2007
mellemel8 says:
damn it, wish i was there.
Posted on: Oct 24, 2007
sybil says:
i love this place for brunch! and they are so friendly too! :D
Posted on: Oct 23, 2007
Opera Cake from Porto's Bakery
Paula, Me, Patti
Paula, Me, Patti
Beverly Hills Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Café Flore is a quaint bistro located at 214 South Robertson Blvd in Beverly Hills. Café Flore is small but it had a cozy and homey ambiance due to… read entire review
Beverly Hills