EuropeItalyRome

The science behind the moped

Rome Travel Blog

Our third travel today was today from Venice to Rome.  We got to the Venice train station at 8 AM to catch the train to the mainland where we got onto the bus.  It was probably one of the hardest morning routines, we’ve done so far.  All in all, I think it went pretty smooth with getting everyone on the train and then on the bus.

This bus drive was pretty similar to all the rest.  Most of the trip I spent sleeping, reading my Dan Brown book of choice • this time “Angels and Demons,” or playing sodoku.  I also had a long conversation with Daniel about Mac versus Windows PC.  He has both and said that there are pros and cons to both but that his Mac has lasted for over 5 years with very little trouble and his Toshiba, younger than the Mac, has had some serious problems.  I can’t wait to get back to Atlanta.  My mom told me I could get a new computer and I really want to get a Mac and this conversation just affirmed to me what a good buy it would be.

This trip was different from most in that when we stopped for lunch at yet another AutoGrill, we ran into Group 3.  They were coming from Rome going to Venice, whereas we were going the other direction.  It was really nice to see familiar faces in the stop.  I got to talk to Shabrina for a while.  She said Rome was great but warned me to be careful of pick pockets.  She said that he camera got stolen out of her pocket while on the bus traveling through the city.  I think I’m pretty good with my stuff but I will make sure to be extra careful now.

We finally got to Rome at 6 PM.  The first thing I noticed is that although there are lanes, no one uses them.  Cars just drive where they can find room and park wherever they want with no consideration for others.  For the reason, it was easy to see why so many people opted for a small, easier to maneuver and park model • the mopeds.  They were everywhere just like in the movies.  But logistically it made since.

We checked into our hotel.  We got a room on the 2nd floor which is really nice in terms of not having to use the elevator.  Most of the group got the suites on the 7th floor which are all different • some have balconies the size of rooms, others have round tables or couches in addition to the beds.  Our welcome dinner was the best yet!  We had bread, pasta, salad and then veal with potatoes.  It all tasted so fresh!  I don’t remember the last time I had potatoes.

After dinner, we played cards in Sarah’s room • on her big round table • before going to bed.

CindyLC says:
Yay Macs!!! Haha, I'm so glad you're having a great time! Make the most of it, it doesn't sound like you're drinking enough??? Don't forget whose kid you are... you have a repuatation to uphold! I miss you and everyone else that is gone for the summer, but i'm holdin down the ATL!
Posted on: Jun 16, 2006