The longest day ever!

Paris Travel Blog

Notre Dame from across the river

Wow, I feel like I've already been gone forever!  Yesterday seems like a week ago (must be the time change) which I am not adjusting well to.

Let's see.  My journey began at the Atlanta Airport.  Our 9 hour flight left around 8 pm to Charles de Gaulle.  Luckily, I was smart enough to take a Dramamine about 30 minutes before we boarded so as soon as I finished dinner and read some of my book (Da Vinci Code, of course), I was out!  Apparently I missed the kid running down the aisle screaming and some scary turbulence.  Ah, the modern miracles of medicine!

Once we landed it didn't hit me that we were actually in Paris.

Eiffel Tower from the side
  After going through customs (which was nothing but a 5 foot hallway with men standing with guns watching you walk through), we boarded our bus and meet our bus driver, Bruno.  We checked into our hotel, changed and then headed out to find some lunch.  We started walking around the area of Paris we are in La Defense only to discover today was some sort of holiday and that the only thing opened was a grocery store that was closing!  Luckily, I was able to share with some new friends, Allie and Katie.  Along with the turkey and cheese they bought, we also shared a ,97 Euro bottle of wine.  Needless to say, it wasn't very tasty!

After lunch, Jason, the trip coordinator, took us on a walking tour of Paris where we saw Notre Dame, the outside of the Louvre, and the Eiffel Tower.  About the end of the walking tour, the time change hit me.  I decided to take a nap before dinner at 7 pm.  Dinner was in a restaurant with amazing atmosphere!  The food wasn’t that great.  We had some cold rice with chicken and marinara sauce.  The salad and dessert did however hit the spot.

The only bummer of the day was discovered my 1500 minutes are for U.S. calls only!  It's 10:15 PM here now.  I think I am going to go upstairs, read some more of my book, and sleep since we have class in the morning at 8 AM.  Good night!

Eiffel Tower from the side
Katie, Allie and I in the Paris Me…
Katie, Allie and I in the Paris M…
Paris