Venice, so far...

Venice Travel Blog

Thanks again to Allie Murray for some help with this one too.
Venice is everything I remembered.  Our hotel is one street away from the Grand Canal.  Our rooms are a lot smaller, but it's a price I'm willing to pay to stay right in the city. Yesterday, we took the train to Padova (Padua) to view the Scrovegni Chapel (it's complelely painted by Giotto).  It was awesome and more regulated than the Pentagon.  They have glass hallways to keep outside air out and only let 15 people in for 25 minutes at a time.  Padova is my new favorite city.  After Scrovegni Chapel, we viewed another great Church right next to it.  Next, our goal was to find a really great Italian restaurant in a square and have lunch.  It was amazing.  We had great weather, great wine, and great food.  We walked around town for a while and found the main square (San Antonio Square).  The square was laid out with a grassy circle with a moat and then another grassy ring.  We laid down in the grass and took a nap.  There were people everywhere -- apparently it was Independence day or something.  MTV TRL was also taping in the square.  It was really relaxing.  Today, we woke up for class and then went to see another church.  After that we had a little free time -- we got lunch on the Canal -- and then we went to the Guggenheim.  Tonight is going to be slow.  I have some work to do.  Hopefully, I'll add more to this soon.
photo by: asturjimmy