Hot dogs and D&G

Zurich Travel Blog

Today, Bruno, our bus driver who has an awesome mullet, drove us into Zurich to tour the Kunthaus museum.  It was a diamond in the rough.  It had a really great collection which ranged from Renaissance to Modern Art, but it wasn't so large that it was overwhelming.  It actually was great that there weren’t many people in there because it gave us an opportunity to walk around with the Professor and let him talk about each piece he wanted with us.

After the museum, we toured the city in the cold and rain.  It would have probably been gorgeous on a sunny day.  We looked around for a place to eat lunch but as we passed Valentino, Gucci, and Dolce & Gabbana, we realized it was probably too expensive for us to eat at a restaurant and settled for a street vendor instead.  There's nothing like eating a sketchy cheap hot dog in front of Dolce & Gabbana to make you feel classy.  After lunch, we went back to the hotel.

Later that night, we returned to the city to see a concert featuring Andras Schiff and Miklos Perenyi.  They are world famous piano and cello players, respectively.  On the way to the concert, I finished Da Vinci Code for the second time.  The concert was hard to follow.  After getting lost in the first piece, I lost interest in taking notes for my concert report and instead just listened.  I think I enjoyed the concert more than if I had been worrying about notes but I don’t think this is going to make writing the report any easier.  After the concert, we went back to the hotel and sat in Sarah’s room drinking wine and talking until we went to bed.

photo by: Sweetski