Buy one, get one free

Zurich Travel Blog

We got up early and were on the bus and leaving Paris by 8:30 AM.  Too bad, we made a wrong turn and ended up circling the city before finally leaving.  This bus trip was really nice alternating between reading Da Vinci Code and sleeping.  We stopped at an AutoGrill, which is the only restaurant off the interstate in Europe.  It’s not bad because they have buffet food.  I got some pasta.  I can’t wait until we get to Italy!

Zurich is extremely different from Paris.  For starters, we weren't actually in Zurich.  We were in a suburb outside the city (Kloten).  Almost no one spoke English in little Kloten and we were quite a sight.  It wasn't the beautiful Switzerland I was hoping for but it still has his breath-taking moments.  Apparently, we went to Zurich because our tour coordinator thought it would be good to give us a break after the fast pace of Paris.  I'm sure most of you can guess that leaving 44 college students to fill their free time with anything they want is a dangerous thing to do.  But I digress.

We arrived at the hotel later than expected but still made it for dinner.  This welcome dinner was much better than the last.  We had bread, salad, veggies, pasta and chicken with mushroom sauce.  After dinner, we found a local gas station and got some beer.  After finish off our pack of 10 upstairs in the room, we went down to the bar where we had a buy one get one free drink coupon for the hotel bar.  Katie and I split it, each taking one beer, and sat down to play cards with Sarah, Allie, and Matt.  After I finished my drink, I hung around playing for a while and then went to bed.

Zurich