City port to Europe

Tangier Travel Blog

Mel, Bel, Mustafa, Bec, Jade

After our nice morning in Chefchaouen we travelled the very winding roads through and across the Rif Mtns arriving in the  bustling port city of Tangier. It is hard for the tour guides and driver as they are not familiar with the city and therefore we had a stressfull drive round the "scenic" route to find our Hotel Shallah  ...very nice...I say this because my room mate, Helen, and I were upgraded to a suite!  Rebecca and Jade also stayed in a suite as there were no more twin rooms... We were advised by Mustafa not to say anything at the time...so Sorry guys..the truth is out now...It was a REALLY nice room!!!!! Actually we were meant to share the double bed ....the tradeoff to being upgraded.

Oh yes...we had a real bond....cigarettes!
..but I slept on the couch in the Lounge area of the suite and had one of the best night sleeps of all!

Once settled we had time for a walk down to the corniche. Helen and I set off and discovered it was a bit further than we thought. We were guided by a couple of friendly girls, dressed in their modern finery...very mod (with headscarfs) who giggled and showed us where to go as they were heading to the corniche to participate in the evening stroll, (along with hundreds of other locals). Unfortunately the language barrier was in place so we didn't get to converse with them.

It was VERY windy down along the corniche...and cool! so after a few photos and checking out the actual beach we sat on the sidewalk at one of the many ice-cream shops along the front and people watched.

This was our last night together as a full group of 12 as 6 of the group lwere leaving the next day. Dinner was at the hotel.. ...fish soup, Best boneless fish and chips with salad, and delicious lemon tart combined with a few bottles of vino began a night of fun and laughter as we "partied" on in the hotel Bar till quite late with Mustafa.

Mel, Bel, Mustafa, Bec, Jade
Oh yes...we had a real bond....cig…
Oh yes...we had a real bond....ci…
Tangier