Day 3

London Travel Blog

 › entry 3 of 53 › view all entries

 Today we attempted the full day tour again. We got the last 2 seats on the bus. WOO HOO!! We made it! The day started out fine, but shortly it started to crumble.

 We didn't stop at Buckingham Palace because on Saturdays they don't do the changing of the guards. That was replaced with the Horse Guard change. I have to say that was very boring, or as a man in my group said "This is about at much as peeling an onion or watching water evaporate!" That made Noell and I chuckle.  Then we went on a damn wild goose chase!! Our guide was trying to find this little church (that wasn't on the brochure) that was made famous by the Davinci Code.

She didn't know where to go! So because of our lame guide we lost valuable time....since we lost so much time she decided to take out our visit to St. Paul's church!!! I was pissed! Then it started to rain..... Once everything was finished we were suppose to take a boat back to the London Eye. Well there was no room on the boat! I should have been more shocked. So we had to wait around in the rain until they figured everything out. We never got on the boat. We had to wait some more for a bus to come get us.  It was SUCH a wonderful day. A plus to this hell of a day we met a really nice girl from Australia. Her name was Karen.  

 Later that night I walked to Buckingham Palace by myself. Noell stayed behind to check her email. This was ok because I like doing things by myself once in a while. Once I got to my destination I met a couple on their honeymoon. I talked with them for a bit then I went on my way. On my way back a guy in a car honked his horn at me then started making cat calls at me. He was just a bit creepy. When he stopped at a light he motioned for me to come closer. After his light turned green he pulled up into a bus stop. I quickly ran down a different street. I didn't care if I got lost for a bit! At least it got me away from Mr. Creepy! 

 OH! Noell and I decided to try and get some money back on the stupid tour. They were closed when we got there. So we decided to stop there in the morning. We are headed to Edinburgh tomorrow......

Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
photo by: ulysses