Our next scheduled semi-vacation ...

Marco Island Travel Blog

Here's what the website has to say about this little island off the Florida coast ...

Situated at the northernmost point of the picturesque Ten Thousand Islands and just south of Naples, Marco Island, Florida is your island in the sun.

Marco Island is graced with miles of white-sand beaches, luxurious real estate, beautiful year-round weather, sumptuous restaurants, fine shopping, dining, lively entertainment, attractions and plenty of recreational activities from boating and fishing, to golf and tennis, and more. All set amid the stunning subtropical beauty that is unique to Southwest Florida's Gulf coast.

Sounds very commercial, I know, PERFECT for a little mini-vacation. I'm sure it won't be long enough - April 24-27, 2008. I cannot complain, the trip will be free. I've earned it through my broker dealer. We will stay at the Marriott resort which I'm told currently under went some major renovations. I'm sure Eddie and I will be well taken care of! We've had a lot of these trips recently ... the Four Seasons in Carlsbad, CA, the Atlantis Resort, Bahamas, the Bellagio in Las Vegas - very fancy. The downside? It's a conference - therefore, I will be expected to attend meetings, lunches, dinners, etc. while Eddie lays by the pool.

We usually go on a "major" vacation every year - just the 2 of us - no conferences. I really miss those. We've been to Hawaii twice, Mexico 3 times and all over the Caribbean ... Now that I'm getting these conference trips, they are replacing the "real vacations". And although they are very luxurious and did I mention free? They are a far cry from being -- just us, no work ... you can understand.

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to it and will, I'm sure be a great time. I'll let you know how it goes!
GSTAgnt says:
I hope you had fun on your trip! I hear it's a beautiful area. I even found some great tips for visiting Marco Island from this article:

You should check it out in case you plan on going back!
Posted on: Oct 27, 2008