A small city mouse explores the Big Apple...

New York Travel Blog

I am definitely not a morning person.  I was very slow at getting out from under the cover.  It was such a beautiful Saturday morning.  It was hard to believe that it was in mid 80's.  What a perfect weather to explore the city.  First stop was Jamba juice located inside Whole Food Market near the Columbus Circle.  I was clueless as where we were..what street..I just followed my personal tour guide..my friend.  :)  I did so much walking from late morning until it was dark...oh my...  At least, I never got lost.  I should be grateful, eh? lol

I'm not a big pizza fan but my friend told me I have to try this wonderful pizzeria, Grimaldi's Pizzeria, in Brooklyn.

So we rode subway then walked crossed the Brooklyn Bridge...more walking...this little gal didn't complain at all... :p lol  When we got there it was around 2:30 ish.  We were very hungry. our stomachs were making a wonderful sound of music. :-)  As we tried to enter the pizzeria, a tall man stopped us and told us, we have to get in the line.  We asked even if we do take-out and he said..all same line.. oh my god.. a line was very long.  My friend asked the first person in the line how long they have been waiting, his reply was about 30 minutes. oh my #!@! lol  Since we walked all the way here, we decided to wait.  It was about an hr wait.  I was too tired by the time we were next, I asked him to go in and get the pizza to go.  We walked down little and found a little flower garden near pier.
  I think, the garden belonged to this restaurant that was there.  We found a little bench and we sat and enjoyed our delicious mushroom pizza.  I thought it was worth a waiting.  Maybe since I was so hungry, at that point, anything would have been delicious.  lol

Our next stop was to go see the Lady Liberty.  By the time, we got there, I think it was around 4:30 or 5:00.  We got in the line - a very long line.  my friend volunteered to go check it out how long the wait is.  I should have known better..lol when my friend returned he sat on the bench and he gestured me to come over.  LOL  A bad news. A line where I stood waiting was for the line to board the ferry to go to the Island..lol There is another line to purchase tickets... waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy oveeeeeeeeeeeeeer there.  lol and he told me that that line was long too.  LOL.. I was sooooooooo tired. we've decided we weren't going to wait 2 hours.  Instead, go and relax our tired legs a bit so we can be rested for the night.

Grand Central Terminal