My first day in NY..

New York Travel Blog

When I headed out to Atlanta Hartsfield Airport from home, it was around 8:45 a.m.  I had 3 hours of sleep and I was driving up to airport which was about an hour and 30 minutes drive.  A drive wasn't so bad...constant yawning and trying to keep my eyes opened during my drive.  At the airport, check in was a breeze. No problem until I went through security check point. LOL Something on me triggered security sensor alarm. so I was searched...innoncent little me.. :)  I didn't realized I had a tiny safety pin in my jean pocket which was the cause.  By this time, I was suffering lack of my morning caffeine fix...Starbuck where art thou!!! LOL As soon as I reached my designated boarding gate, I had to find Starbuck and oh my, I did.  I was all charged up and ready to go after I had my caffeine fix. LOL Ok, I think, I have bored everyone enough with this detail.  Yaddy Yah.

..blah blah, you know how it all goes, landed in Laguardia Airport in NY.

It was lovely weather in NY... in 80's.  One of my friends came to pick me up at the airport so this small city gal won't get lost in a big city full of He personally volunteered to be my person tour guide for the weekend.  I didn't have to twist his arms or anything. Honest... :)  What are friends are for, right?

Finally, I arrived at the hotel Mela where I reserved my stay for the weekend.  As soon as I entered this hotel, I felt very welcomed with soothing music playing.  A lobby was small but cozy.

First night wasn't much of activity night. My friend took me to this fabulous sushi restaurant, Sushi Samba,  in 7th Ave for dinner then to this fabulous place for dessert.

martinikitty13 says:
I've been to Samba before - so fun!
Posted on: Oct 24, 2007
simplicity9999 says:
Yes, this place was awsome..great food..atmosphere.
Posted on: Oct 12, 2007
rrodjr1931 says:
Awww... sushi samba...that place is great! Your friend knows the city. Hey glad you enjoyed yourself.
Posted on: Oct 11, 2007
New York Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
My first night dinner in New York City. A dinner experience at this restaurant was wonderful. I just love going to different sushi restaurants and tr… read entire review
New York