partying and playing in Spain

Sitges Travel Blog

partying in Sitges
My time in Spain just happened to be during the week of a public holiday - and therefore of an extra long-weekend for my hosts, who are teachers.  And therefore Wednesday night was actually "Friday" night, and therefore it was time to go out and explore the Sitges nightlife.

As Daisy & her friends are all teachers from England (without much Spanish experience) they have some nights organised which are basically a kind of pub-night where locals/anyone are invited to come along and just meet people and chat - gives the English people a chance to learn more Spanish, and the locals a chance to practise their English.  So on Wed we started out with this - my Spanish is all learnt from Fawlty Towers, so I wasn't doing much conversing, but it was interesting listening.
the sun going down over the marina

We then got out and about and went to about four other bars/clubs around Sitges (it's quite a small city, so everything was nicely close together).  Spanish people really don't start going out until about midnight - that's when they start with a local bar somewhere - clubs in fact often don't even open until 2am... I'm really not sure how they do it.

So we soldiered on right from 8:30pm onwards, and had a lot of fun along the way, and got home at around 5am.  I was hoping to therefore sleep at least til the afternoon, but we were awake by about 10:30.  Even so it was a bit of a lazy day - public holiday and all that - and we wandered out for some brunch sometime in the early afternoon.  Then we took a bit of a wander along the beach to the fancy-marina end of town, had a bit of a refreshment, watched the sun begin to set over the Mediterranean, and were confronted by a man not wearing any pants on the way home... That's Spain for you!

Next day was one last stroll around town and by the beach, before packing up yet again and heading for the airport and back to London!
Sitges