one more day in Praha

Prague Travel Blog

the artificial drip stone wall at the Czech Senate gardens (random, I know).
My last day in Prague I actually had a fairly lazy morning & then headed up to Prague Castle to explore.  It's a very large collection of buildings & churches & courtyards & gardens, rather than a moat-and-turret affair (Girl No 1 on walking tour as we're standing in the middle of second courtyard of castle: "Isn't there a castle somewhere around here?"  Girl No 2: "Yeah we're going there later.")

I bought the "short tour" ticket, and frankly it was a waste of money (and I expect the long tour would be even more so).  The Old Royal Palace is just a few empty stone rooms, the Basilica is not particularly impressive when you're seeing them in every city, and the mini-houses of "Golden Lane" are really just tiny shops.  The most impressive part was the cathedral, which you can get into for free anyway.

But it was all interesting & kept me entertained.  I went up the tower of the cathedral, which has a seriously narrow & tight spiral staircase with people trying to go up & down at the same time... awkward.  But there were nice views across Prague from the top.

There was more wandering through the pretty streets & taking photos of beautiful buildings, and then in the evening we sat around chatting in the hostel bar.  Really it was kind of a nice chilled day (literally & figuratively).
the artificial drip stone wall at …
the artificial drip stone wall at…
Prague from the Castle