oh glorious sunshine!

Split Travel Blog

sunny Split
Apparently I am just not having much luck with finding my booked accommodation in Croatia.  I hadn't got around to printing the instructions to get to the hostel in Split & didn't have a map, but I figured I could get some information @ the bus station.  Yeeeess... The first person told me to walk up the street & then ask someone else, the second person sent me in approximately in the right direction but wasn't very clear with directions & I realised later was heading me towards Vukavarska rather than Vukasoviceva.

I walked a long way up a road & decided I was getting too far into the residential area, the third person I asked told me to keep walking three more blocks, I still didn't think this was right so I asked someone else who told me I needed to go all the way back to the old town & ask again.
the bell tower @ the Diocletian's Palace
.. at the look of horror on my face he called the hostel for me & chatted for a while, then the owner told me she would come & pick me up in her car!  Rescued again.  The hostel was basically a basement granny-flat with bunk beds, but it was perfectly adequate & the owner was a lovely mother-hen type.

This morning I woke up to lovely blue skies & sunshine & was very excited to be walking around in a t-shirt!  I basically just wandered the streets of the Diocletian's Palace, sat around in the sunshine, went up the bell tower, wandered along the city beaches, and up the hill behind the town.

Split is a really beautiful seaside town and the Diocletian's Palace makes up the old walls of the city, now filled with streets & lanes & houses all on top of each other - lots of fun for exploring.  The water was such a lovely turquoise colour & I was almost tempted to go swimming (if I'd had a companion, I probably would have).
sunny Split
the bell tower @ the Diocletians …
the bell tower @ the Diocletian's…
Split