after all that...

Plitvice Travel Blog

Plitvicka Jazera National Park
So after my Croatian night-time adventure, I wake up the next morning and it's absolutely pouring with rain.  The sort of rain that doesn't look like it will stop for the rest of the day.  Great for visiting a national park of lakes & waterfalls.

I just sat there for a while saying "seriously???"  After all the drama of being lost in the middle-of-nowhere-Croatia, I'm not even going to get to see the reason for coming here??  I was prepared to brave a little drizzle, but in this I would have been soaked before I even got to the national park.  I debated just giving up on this whole thing & leaving early, but then I decided I could entertain myself for the day in the apartment if I had to.

I kept looking out the window & in the early afternoon the rain eased off & I ventured outside.
lakes & waterfalls & trees & hills
  Now the nice guy the night before had shown me where the road/path came out @ the national park, but hadn't shown me where it began.  So I ended up doing a lap & a half of this little village before I took a random guess at a path-type thing, which got me there eventually.

With all the things that had happened, I was so amazed to finally get to the national park that I managed to ignore the cold, damp weather.  I took a boat down the lower lakes & walked up past the "Big Waterfall" (getting fairly soaked from the spray), and walked back up the lakes.  Because I only had a few hours, I didn't get to see the upper lakes, but what I saw really was beautiful.

This morning when I got up: blue skies, sun shining.  Seriously??  I spent an entire day of sunshine sitting on a bus.  I just have to shake my head & smile.
Plitvice