"What are men to rocks and mountains?"

Salzburg Travel Blog

looking over Salzburg
I feel I've probably used that quote before, and in reference to the actual rocks & mountains that Elizabeth Bennet was referring to, but ohhhhh... what ARE men [or women] to rocks and mountains??

The scenery around Salzburg is just stunning.  And I know (now) that there is stunning scenery all around the world, and still whenever I see rocks & mountains & lakes... I'm in awe.

Yesterday I spent the day wandering up on M├Ânchsberg & along to the Festung Hohensalzburg (the big fortress above Salzburg).  The colours of the trees were beautiful, & the sun shone on the snow-capped mountains in the distance - yes the sun shone!!  It is literally the first time I've seen the sun in over two weeks, and oh what a difference it makes!

I went through the fortress, which was built many many years ago & added to over the centuries.
ohhh the mountains
  They had a few different museums inside & a tour through some of the old rooms, including a fabulous 360┬░ view from the tower at the top.  Plus it included a ride back down the hill on the funicular railway - ooooh!  I ended the day with a wander through St Peter's (including the graveyard that inspired the Sound of Music graveyard) and past the Nonnberg Abbey (where the real Maria von Trapp & the movie Maria hung out).

This morning I wandered upon Kapuzinerberg - the big hill over the river from the main part of Salzburg.  More pretty views, trees, etc.

Random observation:  Austrians are very law-abiding - even if it's the middle of the night & there is not a car in sight, they just won't cross the road when the red-man is showing.
Salzburg