3 days at sea

Atlantic Ocean Travel Blog

9.22.07 Saturday

Today we had semi-rough seas. A few people got sick again. Luckily I didn’t vomit. I did feel a little nauseous, so I spent most of the time sleeping. In the afternoon I laid on deck and listened to my MP3 player, then read a book in the evening. We made a birthday cake and celebrated Alex’s B-day today! Thought of Collin and Shelli today. Best wishes on your wedding day!

9.23.07 - Sunday

We still had huge swells today. I was somewhat nauseous, but so sick of laying down. Today we saw many dolphins. One in particular was an amazing jumper. He would fling his body completely out of the water. Everyone would cheer. I was feeling brave today, so I decided to go out on the bow sprit for the first time. We have to wear a harness, but it was still very scary.

Matt went with me which made me feel safe. Check out the photo. It was amazing! I was so happy to have conquered my fear.

9.24.07 - Monday

Today we had worship on deck as the sun was shining on our faces. We each shared what we’re thankful for. The waves calmed down a bit and the water was smooth as glass. We could see Portugal in the distance on our port side. I couldn’t wait to get to Lisbon, neither could everyone else. Four days at sea is not an easy thing to endure. The guys are going stir crazy - testosterone levels are high. They’re starting to wrestle each other and swing off the ropes like monkeys. It’s quite humorous. I’m starting to look like a monkey too. The hair on my legs is getting quite long. It’s too difficult to shave in a stand up shower that’s 3ft. And rocking side to side. I definitely gave up the comforts of home. I’d love to take a hot bubble bath and soak in a tub right now. Although I wouldn’t trade this experience for a million bubble baths. Daily I’m amazed and reminded how blessed I am to be here. How few people get the opportunity to sail around Europe and the Med. - the countries I’ll see; the people I’ll meet; the time zones I’ll go through; the sunsets I’ll end my day with.