Freedom!

London Travel Blog

So I finished my test today, hallelujah.

I was at the test center for nine hours, and when I got out, the weather was sunny and 24° C. I decided to walk around London a bit, so I headed over to Knightsbridge to do a little people watching. I was really amazed at the wealth diplayed in that area of the city--all the shops were high end, and I saw more expensive cars in one hour than I would have seen in a week in New York. It wasn't the Bentleys and Rolls Royces that I noticed so much, but the antique Aston Martins and one Mercedes MacLaren.

Hyde Park was packed with people taking advantage of the good weather. Needing to celebrate a bit, I called up my friend Andrew who has been living in London for the last three years, and we got a couple drinks in nearby Chelsea. I tried this British summer drink called a Pim's Cup--not bad, and good for the weather.

Later that evening we went to meet some of his friends at Primrose Hill, located in North London. We laid out a little spread of food on the top a hill that overlooked the city, and enjoyed the night.

Now that I don't have any more significant responsibilities this summer, I'm going to be taking full advantage of the freedom. On Thursday I'll be headed to Amsterdam for a few days, so look for that.

London