Scavenger Hunt

Beaver Travel Blog

in the bakery

My friend Kate texted me earlier in the week.  The Beaver Chamber of Commerce had designed a scavenger hunt to encourage people to go into local businesses.  Successful completion of the packet would give participants an entry in a drawing for gift certificates.  She wanted to know if I was interested in joining her on the hunt and I agreed.

Saturday morning just after ten we started at Castle Toys where we picked up the packet.  It was actually more in-depth than we anticipated.  First we had to unscramble the names of two dozen or so businesses.  Then we had to go to each one and follow the clues to figure out the hidden/secret item.  The last page required us to answer some historial questions before unscrambling another set of letters to discover the treasure from the fort (heritage not gold).

getting hair done

This was a fun morning/early afternoon.  Not too expensive either since I just bought food.  I got a little apricot treat at the bakery, lunch at a cafe, and ice cream at a cute creamery.  Some of the clues were really easy to spot such as the beaver inside the beauty parlor while others required a little hunting like the candlestick all the way in the back of a second-hand shop.  The bakery we just got lucky with our guess.  The searching became easier once we realized that most of the "hidden" items were more likely to be part of the decor like a purple paintbrush in the middle of a table or little roadwork vehicles on top of a cupboard.

Sadly we did not win the overall prize but we each get a bag with some coupons in them.  I used one at the ice cream place for an after lunch snack :)

cotton_foam says:
Very interesting activity! : D
Posted on: Aug 08, 2014
hidden object in the crafty store
hidden object in the crafty store
stop in a candy shop (that was not…
stop in a candy shop (that was no…
Kolachi lunch
Kolachi lunch
Beaver Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Yummy Ice Cream!
This little ice cream place is filled with character, both inside and out. Ruby red slippers sit on the counter, and witches' hats and cauldrons pop … read entire review
Beaver