First Friday

Canton Travel Blog

Having the first Friday in October off thanks to Youth Day at the county fair, I was able to drive home to Ohio on Thursday to attend my 5-year college reunion that weekend.  However, first I decided to spend some time with some friends from high school.  Friday for lunch I met up with Elisa whom I have known since before my first birthday.  Then for dinner I drove about an hour west to Canton to meet up with my birthday twin (I'm only two days older) Becky.
After chatting at her place for about a half hour, we hopped in her car and headed to downtown Canton for First Friday.  A variety of art galleries and businesses had their doors open to the public.  We wandered in and out of galleries.  Obviously we paused in the places where we found art we enjoyed :)  The jewelry store was far beyond our price ranges--the clerk walking around with the wine helped set a more expensive atmosphere--but we enjoyed seeing some unique pieces.
A sobering stop was inside a very simple gallery that was hosting part of the AIDS quilt.
Becky remembered a gallery that featured student art, so when we saw a sign pointing to a gallery of youth art upstairs, we climbed the steps.  Here, we discovered the teenage products but then gallery after gallery of paintings, photographs, and mixed media.  I loved it.
balloon dart art
balloon dart art
Becky in a decorated mirror
Becky in a decorated mirror
Canton Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
An enjoyable eatery
Harkening back to the days of the diners, Milk & Honey is a simple soda shoppe. The six page menu has meal choices on the first two pages; the next f… read entire review
Canton