First had to stop in Caracas...

Caracas Travel Blog

Well, in order to arrive to Maracaibo you have to go through Caracas. It was funny, because the international and domestic areas are not together, so you have to leave one in order to go into the other.

In Lima, I have been told to be careful in Caracas' airport, 'cause I'm travelling by my own, and don't accept any help of strange people. I was lucky and met a nice guy in the plane. He lives in Maracaibo, so he is a "maracucho" and he was taking same domestic flight as me - so he was my guide. In order to go to the domestic area at the airport, we left the building and it was too hot outside, wow!

It was still early for our flight and we tried to take the earlier one, but we didn't succeed. Now we had around 2 hours to kill, uffff. Was it boring? not at all, Johnny speaks almost as much as I do, haha. So were chatting and hanging out. He told me he would move to Lima in a couple of months, wow! He would do it because of work and would have colleagues who help them around, but he was so glad he met me, since he would have a local friend in advance :) I started to give him some tips about Lima. It would be amazing to keep in touch and meet again in my hometown.

Well, it was time to departure, so we went to our gate and started the flight to Maracaibo.
Caracas