Attending to classes in the morning + Sightseeing after classes, :)

Maracaibo Travel Blog

at the Paseo
Same as yesterday I got up early, worked out, met the whole group for breakfast and we all went to classes early. The day was relaxed, Venezuelan are laid back, how cool!

At 5pm we were ready to leave, but this time we didn't want to go straight to the hotel. So, the group decided to split. Some of the guys wanted to go back to the hotel, check their emails and take a nap. But the rest - me included - wanted to go for sightseeing. One of the guys from the group lived in the area, so he became our guide. There is a large bridge which crosses the Maracaibo Lake, so we went there first to check it and got some pics. Then we went to visit a Monument and the Cathedral. We were just walking around the plaza and chilling out. The day was very nice, warm but not too hot.

We would go to a mall which is near to the lake, but in our way we were able to see some other buildings like the City Hall. First we stopped in a park. It was big, but the interesting part of it was the fact that you could see some ostriches there. We stayed there for a while and then went to the mall to get something to drink and check some stuff to buy. I wanted to do some shopping, but the prices aren't cheap. They were a bit more expensive than in Peru, but I didn't want to carry much stuff, haha. So I just got a couple of stuff.

We didn't buy much and went back to the hotel. This time we would stay and have dinner in the hotel, besides they have a casino next door. We would see if we had good luck, haha.
yadilitta says:
no, but I didn't loose money either, haha.
Posted on: Oct 28, 2008
FR-ank says:
and... did you get a good luck ? :)
Posted on: Oct 27, 2008
Nuestra Senora de Chiquinquira
Nuestra Senora de Chiquinquira
the Cathedral
the Cathedral
Basilica Nuestra Senora de Chiquin…
Basilica Nuestra Senora de Chiqui…
the City Hall
the ceiling
the ceiling
Maracaibo Hotels & Accommodations review
Great hotel in Maracaibo - Maruma
My first time in Venezuela was because of work and I stayed in The Crowne Plaza Maruma Hotel and Casino. We were a large group of people coming from d… read entire review
Maracaibo