Arriving to Maracaibo...

Maracaibo Travel Blog

Finally I arrived to Maracaibo. Johnny offered me to give me a drive to the airport, so kind! But a taxi was already waiting for me. The company took care of all the details. It was time to say good bye to him. We would keep in touch and hopefully would meet in Lima soon, hehe.

The drive from the airport to the hotel wasn't long, but I could notice a high number of old cars, amazing. This cars use a lot of gas, but gas is cheap in Venezuela. In fact it could even be cheaper than water - crazy! Maracaibo is an oil city, most of the people here work in something related to the oil industry. People are friendly. Although they might have economical problems, they are always happy and want to help you. But you have to be careful if you want to go out by yourself during the night.

Better do it with a local friend.

After driving for approx 20 min, we arrived to the hotel, which was a very nice one. All my colleagues were already there. We were a big group, coming from different countries: Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador, Colombia, Trinidad and other cities in Venezuela. It was so nice meeting them in person. I worked with them daily and it was so nice finally meeting them face to face, haha. Darrin was the only one who didn't speak Spanish, haha. But we would help him. As I said before, everybody was in the hotel already, just the Peruvian girl was missing, but I did it! Late, but I did it, haha!

Well, tomorrow the course would start and we had to wake up early. So it was better to go upstairs, unpack and go to bed...

Maracaibo General Tips & Advice review
Airport in Maracaibo (Venezuela) - La Chinita (MAR)
This airport is not only for domestic flights. It's also international, but just for few flights including: Barranquilla, Cartagena, Bogota, Miami, Ar… read entire review
Maracaibo