What a remote and such beautiful place!

Drysdale River National Park Travel Blog

We got to Drysdale River National Park. Another stop to go for swimming, the water was pretty green in some spots!

Jack went of to the other side and climbed up a tree. There was a long robe attached to the tree hanging down he used as a swing. It looked like a lot of fun but if you do not let go in time it could have been very painful as well. We saw the results later!! Not very long and 5 others of the group were standing in queue to try the swing/jump of the tree themselves. I thought this is a good opportunity for me to get some good pictures. I got in position on the opposite side for the first to jump. I took quite a few pictures of each; I got some really funny ones!

We had a fun and a very relaxing morning break and not far from this place we stopped for lunch.

Later on Jack showed us some paintings of the ancient Gwion (Bradshaw) and Wandjina art paitings.

The Gwion paintings are about 17000 years old. Dynamic, ornate, intricate human figures depicted with a range of waepons and cultural objects.

The Wandjina paintings are about 1000 years old. Depicts deities, often with elaborate headdress, large eyes and no mouth.

Drysdale River National Park is one of the most remote areas in Australia and there are no proper roads only a few tracks and also no facilities. That makes it very special and you do not see busloads of people. On the other hand this is for sure not a place you want to break down with your car or worse!  Beautiful spot!!

So beautiful that we were going to camp here for two nights!

Tarzan
Tarzan
and Jane competition
and Jane competition
these are the winner in category …
these are the winner in category …
and category Jane