2 flat tyres

El Questro Station Travel Blog

From Wyndham we had to drive back to get finally to the “entrance” of the GIBB RIVER ROAD. Now that brought memories back from a year ago. I remembered how excited I was when I saw the sign and we stopped to take a picture of it ….. Well, this time it was the same. We stopped to take some pictures and off we went! How I love this street!! Corrugated road nearly all the way through!! “Nearly impossible to drink while the car is moving unless you do not mind having the drink all over you!!” I wondered if we would get through without a flat tyre!

First stop was at El Questro Station. That is we had our first flat tyre followed by another one the next day! Oh..oh not a good start!

We went to some wonderful gorges, had to climb over some big rocks and up and down the walls, that was when I found out that I was more afraid of heights than I though I would be. So pretty soon I found myself in the back of the group and in the end I was all by myself. I did not like that so much but at least I was able to take my time without anyone behind me rushing me! I was enjoying myself and the environment around me, lucky that I did not come across a snake or so….

Finally I got to the “waterfall” where the rest of the group was getting ready for a swim. We went to several Gorges and they were all gorgeous!!

dl4plm says:
that really is a great road ..... hope we can get back some day and see some more - looks like you had fun again - and more flat tyres!!!
Posted on: Jan 27, 2008